Monday, February 11, 2013

5 Reasons You Should Be Using a Base Coat!

Hey guys!

If you're not using a base coat underneath your nail polish, you're missing out! Here are a few reasons why...


1. Protect Yourself
Using a base coat helps to prevent nail polishes from staining your nails, especially those pesky blues and righteous yellows. Rock those bright hues fearlessly!

2. Smooth Operator
Nail polishes glide on over a base coat much more easily than on the nail alone. For those of you with nails prone to ridges and waviness, you can purchase Ridge Filler base coats to help smooth over the contours for a glossy, uniform finish.

3. Glitter Be Gone!
Having a layer between your nails and tough glitter polishes makes your life that much easier when it comes to removing them.

4. Fill Out Your French
I'm sure lots of you have had difficulty with applying your pink polish for french manicures without it getting streaky. Using a base coat that has a milky colour (like OPI Ridge Filler, shown above) helps to fill in the more sheer spots for an even finish.

5. Lasting Power
Much like top coat, having a base under your nail polish helps it last longer and chip less. Make your work of art last all week long!

3 comments:

  1. hey, which base coat do you suggest? I've never heard of a base coat to help with a french manicure before, and although I always use one, I do have problems with streaks.

    Also, do you have a base coat on in your picture? Your nails look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment!
      I use the base coat shown in the picture, the OPI Ridge Filler. It has a sheer milky colour to it, so it helps add to the opacity of sheer pinks over top. And yes, I'm wearing the ridge filler in the picture, I also just filmed a de-staining video so my nails are nice and clean =P

      Delete
    2. Oooooh! I'm looking forward to the de-staining video! My nails get stained base coat or no base coat. :)

      Delete